Why Should Corporations Outsource Video Production?
In today’s digital era, video content has emerged as a powerful marketing tool for corporations to engage their audience and communicate their brand messages effectively. With the rising demand for high-quality video production and animation, corporations often face a crucial decision: whether to hire in-house employees or outsource these services. While hiring employees may seem like a viable option, outsourcing video production and animation offers numerous benefits that can significantly impact a corporation’s success. In this blog, we will explore the advantages of outsourcing and shed light on why it is a favorable choice for corporations. I have over 12 years experience managing a large video production and streaming department at a Fortune 50 company, and 9 years of experience running my own video production/animation/streaming business in the San Francisco Bay Area. I have seen the pros and cons from both sides of this issue and offer my thoughts below on why outsourcing is the best decision.
Why should I look outside my company for help?
- Access to Expertise and Specialized Skills: When corporations outsource video production and animation, they gain access to a pool of experienced professionals who possess specialized skills in creating captivating visual content. These experts are well-versed in the latest trends, techniques, and software tools required to produce high-quality videos and animations. By leveraging their expertise, corporations can ensure their content is visually appealing, engaging, and tailored to their specific target audience.
- Cost-Effectiveness: One of the primary advantages of outsourcing video production and animation is cost-effectiveness. Hiring an in-house team entails various expenses, including recruitment, salaries, benefits, equipment, software licenses, and ongoing training. On the other hand, outsourcing allows corporations to access top-tier talent without the overhead costs associated with maintaining an in-house team. Outsourcing partners typically work on a project-by-project basis, offering flexible pricing options that align with the specific requirements and budget of the corporation.
- Time and Resource Optimization: Outsourcing video production and animation frees up valuable time and resources for corporations. Internal teams spend a maximum of 75% of their time doing production work, the remaining 25% consists of mandatory meetings, training, and administrative tasks. Instead of investing significant amounts of time in the hiring process, training, and managing an in-house team, corporations can rely on their outsourcing partners to handle these responsibilities. This allows the internal teams to focus on core business operations and strategic initiatives while ensuring the video production and animation projects are efficiently managed externally.
- Scalability and Flexibility: Corporations often encounter fluctuating demands for video content, depending on their marketing campaigns, product launches, or seasonal trends. Outsourcing provides the scalability and flexibility necessary to meet these changing Whether corporations need a single video or a series of animations, outsourcing partners can easily adapt to their needs, ensuring timely delivery and high-quality output without the need for long-term commitments.
- Access to State-of-the-Art Technology: Video production and animation require advanced tools and software to deliver exceptional results. By outsourcing, corporations can tap into the latest technology and software solutions without incurring the additional cost of purchasing and maintaining them. Outsourcing partners are equipped with cutting-edge tools, enabling them to create visually stunning videos and animations that align with the corporation’s brand identity and marketing objectives.
- Creative Input and Fresh Perspectives: Outsourcing video production and animation introduces a fresh perspective into the creative process. External professionals bring a wealth of experience and diverse ideas to the table, which can infuse innovation and creativity into the visual content. By collaborating with outsourcing partners, corporations can tap into this creative input and produce videos and animations that stand out in the competitive market, captivate the audience, and leave a lasting impression.
In an era where visual content plays a crucial role in capturing and retaining audience attention, corporations must make informed decisions about their video production and animation strategies. While hiring employees may seem like a viable option, outsourcing offers a range of benefits, including access to specialized skills, cost-effectiveness, time and resource optimization, scalability, access to cutting-edge technology, and fresh perspectives. By embracing outsourcing, corporations can enhance efficiency, creativity, and overall success in their video production and animation endeavors.